Single sign-on and searchability to access multiple digital resources at https://scout.iowaaea.org/.
Resources for Educators
Some resources will require a school building username/password. If you need help with your login, please contact your district’s teacher librarian or GPAEA Librarian, Jane Frizzell.
EBSCO: *Add 20! at the end of your district login password when you log in to EBSCO resources
- EBSCO AP Newsroom: Captures the greatest events in history and brings them to life with photographs, audio sound bites, graphics and text from the Associated Press.
- EBSCO History Reference Center: Covering both U.S. and world history topics, this is a full-text database featuring historical reference books, magazines, journals and thousands of primary source documents.
- EBSCO H.W. Wilson Core Collections: Provides impartial, authoritative guides to help teachers and teacher librarians build and maintain well-rounded collections of the most highly recommended reference, nonfiction and fiction books for K-12 students.
- EBSCO Literary Reference Center Plus: A literary database covering all genres and timeframes. It includes thousands of full-text poems, short stories, synopses, critical essays, literary journals, reference books and author biographies, plus lesson plans and literary study guides.
- EBSCO NoveList Plus: Helping readers of all ages find just the right book to read, this comprehensive source of popular and professional book information includes expert recommendations, reviews, articles, lists and more.
- EBSCO Poetry & Short Story Reference Center: A full-text database of hundreds of thousands of classic and contemporary poems, plus thousands of short stories, biographies, essays, lesson plans and learning guides. It also includes high-quality videos and audio recordings from the Academy of American Poets and other sources.
- EBSCO Points of View Reference Center: Containing resources that present multiple sides of an issue, this database provides rich content that can help students assess and develop persuasive arguments and essays, better understand controversial issues and develop analytical thinking skills.
- EBSCO Science Reference Center: Contains full text for hundreds of science magazines, journals, encyclopedias, reference books and a vast collection of images.
- EBSCO Teacher Reference Center: Provides indexing and abstracts for 280 of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators.
Gale: Educator’s Reference Complete: Periodical database that covers multiple levels of education and every educational specialty, such as technology, bilingual education, health education, and testing, and provides insight on issues in administration, funding, and policy. **No username or password required, but users will select their school from the drop down menu
Collections of author video interviews, book readings, teaching resources and lesson plans to support student reading skills and interests.