Literacy services provide professional learning and coaching of instructional approaches in reading, writing, speaking, and listening for K-12 students. These efforts are designed to build a school learning community engaged in studying and promoting growth and student achievement in literacy.
Elementary & Secondary Services
- Instructional Time/Opportunities
- Standards and The Enacted Curriculum
- Instructional Practices
- Instructional Materials
- Assessment for Learning
- Collaborative Literacy Support
- Instructional Practices – Reading and Writing in ALL Disciplinary Areas
- LETRS Training
- LETRS for Early Childhood Educators
- Comprehensive Intervention Model (CIM) (requires Reading Recovery within the district and minimum two-semester commitment).
- Frontline Education System (formerly My Learning Plan)
- Iowa Core
- Iowa Reading Research Center
- Elementary Literacy Implementation Iowa Department of Education