Assistive Technology Committee Mission: To increase the awareness and usage of assistive technology throughout the Great Prairie Area Education Agency by professionals and students.
Assistive Technology Specialist
800-622-0027 Ext. 5391 Ottumwa Office
To request assistance with Assistive Technology, contact your building's core team and fill out our google form.
Ellie Hamilton (Ext. 5391) and Teresa Miller (Ext. 5272) - (All regions based out of the Ottumwa office)
Michelle Earhart, Regional Director (Ext. 3011) - Mt. Pleasant
Accessible Educational Materials (AIM) Resources
- Simply Said Video introduction to AIM
- AEM Navigator Tool: This is an interactive tool that facilitates decision making process for accessible instructional materials.
- Iowa's True Aim
- PAR/Protocol for accommodations in reading: The PAR resources help you determine reading accommodations for students.
- Learning Ally
- Iowa Department of Education Resources
Assistive Technology Tools & Resources
- Iowa Department of Education Assistive Technology and NIMAS
- IEP Guidance Form
- AT Consideration SETT (Student, Environment, Tasks & Tools)
- GPAEA Media Orders
- ICATER - Iowa Center for Assistive Technology Education and Research
- Atomic Learning Assistive Technology Tutorials (Use your district's username and password)
- Iowa Compass