Assistive Technology Mission: To increase the awareness and usage of assistive technology throughout the Great Prairie Area Education Agency by professionals and students.
Assistive Technology Specialist
800-622-0027 Ext. 5391 Ottumwa Office
Assistive Technology/Media Clerk
800-622-0027 Ext. 5272 Ottumwa Office
800-382-8970 Ext. 1137 Burlington Office
To request assistance with Assistive Technology, contact your building's core team.
- Iowa AEA's Pinterest Page Link
- Iowa AEA's Assistive Technology Pinterest Page Link
- Special Needs Parents Talk About Raising Kids Pinterest Page
Accessible Educational Materials (AIM) Resources
- Simply Said Video introduction to AIM
- AEM Navigator Tool: This is an interactive tool that facilitates decision-making process for accessible instructional materials.
- Iowa's True Aim
- PAR/Protocol for accommodations in reading: The PAR resources help you determine reading accommodations for students.
- Learning Ally
- Iowa Department of Education Resources
Assistive Technology Tools & Resources
- Iowa Department of Education Assistive Technology and NIMAS
- AT Consideration SETT (Student, Environment, Tasks & Tools)
- GPAEA Media Orders
- ICATER - Iowa Center for Assistive Technology Education and Research
- Iowa Compass