Great Prairie Area Education Agency (AEA) works as an educational partner with public and accredited, private schools to provide services and programs that are designed to enhance the quality of teaching, the quality of learning and the bottom line – student achievement.
Why Great Prairie AEA?
- Strong Team Environment
- Ongoing Professional Growth
- Excellent Benefits
- Autonomy & Flexibility
If you experience difficulties accessing this online application system, please contact Julia Klyn, Human Resources Assistant, 800-622-0027, Ext. 5283 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Director - Iowa Association of Area Education Agencies (IAAEA)
Description: The Iowa Area Education Agency (AEA) system is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Executive Director of the Iowa Association of Area Education Agencies (IAAEA) who will be responsible for leading, managing, guiding and administering the goals of the AEA Chief Administrators, including the direction and operation of all IAAEA programs, services, finances and personnel resources.
The successful candidate will promote a collaborative AEA system community; serve as primary media contact for the AEA system, advocate AEA system needs; and develop and maintain successful partnerships with education stakeholders and elected officials to ensure cohesive and quality supports for schools and families in meeting the learning needs of Iowa children.
This position, which is located in Des Moines, Iowa, will begin July 1, 2019, and involves statewide and also some national travel.
Click here to view the job description.
- Demonstrated success as a school superintendent or educational service agency leadership and/or public policy experience(s) at the state and national level.
- MA degree in education or, alternatively, comprehensive training in executive leadership.
- Five years of professional experience in PK-12 education.
- Proven legislative advocacy experience at the local and state level.
- Preferred qualifications also include knowledge of special education and a current administrator license.
TO APPLY: Visit https://bit.ly/2S6RBuf and click Apply
Persons wishing to be considered for the position are to submit an online application file including:
- Letter of application
- Completed application form
- Current resume
- Minimum of 3 professional references to be listed on the application form
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 18, 2019
Visit http://www.iowaaea.org for more information about AEA's in the state of Iowa.
Having trouble viewing our Openings? Click here to go to TeachIowa.gov
Apply For A Job: