Secondary Transitional Education Program (STEP) is a 4+ program located at Southeastern Community College. In conjunction with the student’s high school, STEP and SCC will continue to provide special education services to fulfill unmet transition needs as identified in the student’s IEP.
- STEP has served area students since 1983
- The STEP staff includes one full-time certified special education instructor and 8 to 11 professional instructional assistants.
- Students may attend either the West Burlington campus or the Keokuk campus, depending upon their chosen program
Sandy Stevenson, STEP Coordinator/Instructor
Shawn Stringer, Regional Director Special Education Services
- STEP Brochure
- 4+ Transition Planning Chart
- STEP Referral Guidelines
- STEP Referral Process
- STEP Referral Form (for teacher use only)
- STEP Transition Evaluation
- Student Checklist
- SCC Application
- SCC Online New Student Orientation Directions
- SCC Orientation
A visit to Southeastern Community College is strongly recommended for prospective students. A tour can familiarize a student with the vocational program choices, the program requirements as well as the role of STEP. The tour is much more beneficial to a student if he/she researches a vocational program of interest ahead of time.
To Schedule a tour call Sandy Steveson at: (319) 208-5097 or 1-866-722-4692 Ext. 5097
Referral Deadline April 15