Secondary Transitional Education Program (STEP) is a 4+ program located at Southeastern Community College. In conjunction with the student’s high school, STEP and SCC will continue to provide special education services to fulfill unmet transition needs as identified in the student’s IEP.
- STEP has served area students since 1983
- STEP has an average enrollment of 45-60 students.
- The STEP staff includes three full time certified special education instructors and 8 to 11 professional instructional assistants.
- Students may attend either the West Burlington campus or the Keokuk campus, depending upon their chosen program
Ann Borchard, STEP Coordinator
Sandy Stevenson, STEP Instructor
Shawn Stringer, Regional Director Special Education Services
- STEP Brochure
- STEP Referral Guidelines
- STEP Referral Process
- STEP Referral Form (for teacher use only)
- STEP Transition Evaluation
- SCC/STEP Checklist
- SCC Application
- SCC Online New Student Orientation Directions
- SCC Orientation
A visit to Southeastern Community College is strongly recommended for prospective students. A tour can familiarize a student with the vocational program choices, the program requirements as well as the role of STEP. The tour is much more beneficial to a student if he/she researches a vocational program of interest ahead of time.
To Schedule a tour call Ann Borchard at: (319) 208-5098 or 1-866-722-4692 Ext. 5098
Referral Deadline April 1
Notification of Acceptance April 30