Welcome to the 2019-20 School Year!
- Nine GPAEA Districts Awarded Computer Science Grant
- Youth Mental Health First Aid Course Begins on September 30 in Ottumwa
- Resources for Educators for National Suicide Prevention Week, September 9-15
- Download a copy of the 2018-19 Directory
- Authentic Learning/Clearinghouse for Work-Based Learning Course & Webinars
- Centerville/WMU Instructional Coaches Present at Coaches Forum with GPAEA
- Welcome GPAEA New Staff 2019
- Easy view of current course offerings
- Changes to Mandatory Reporter Requirements
District 1: Central Lee, Harmony, Keokuk, & Van Buren
District 3: Keota, North Mahaska, Oskaloosa, Sigourney & Tri-County
District 4: Cardinal, Centerville, Davis County, Moulton-Udell, Seymour & portion of the Ottumwa School District
District 5: A portion of the Ottumwa School District
District 8: A portion of the Burlington School District
School Board Members from these districts will choose the Great Prairie Area Education Agency representatives. Under Iowa law, anyone who is a resident and elector of the Director District indicated, may seek election to the AEA Board, except local school employees or members of the Community College Boards of Directors.
Persons interested in declaring candidacy must file a “Statement of Candidacy,” available at the school board offices in the corresponding Director Districts and the Great Prairie AEA Ottumwa or Burlington Offices. The deadline for filing a Statement of Candidacy with Jennifer Woodley, Public Relations Coordinator/Board Secretary of Great Prairie AEA is October 15, 2019.
Terms of office for these positions on the Board are for 4 years – December 2019 through December 2023. Meetings of the Great Prairie AEA Board of Directors are held at 5:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at the Fairfield Arts & Convention Center, 200 North Main in Fairfield, Iowa.
Anyone desiring further information on the election may call Jennifer Woodley, Great Prairie AEA Public Relations Coordinator/Board Secretary, at 800-382-8970, Ext. 1232, write to Great Prairie AEA, 2814 North Court Street, Ottumwa, Iowa, 52501 or email email@example.com.
The Great Prairie AEA Board of Directors will hold the following on Monday, September 9, 2019:
4:30 PM - Transportation Hearing / Board Meeting - Perkins Conference Room
5:45 PM Dinner/Joint Board Meeting with Indian Hills Community College
Indian Hills Community College, 525 Grandview Ave, Ottumwa, IA 52501
Agenda and past minutes may be found at https://www.gpaea.org/about-us/board-of-directors/.
The Great Prairie AEA Board of Directors meeting and retreat will be held on Monday, July 29 at 11:30 AM at the Fairfield Arts & Convention Center, 200 N. Main, Fairfield, IA. Agenda and past minutes may be found at https://www.gpaea.org/about-us/board-of-directors/.
A special meeting of the Great Prairie AEA Board of Directors will be held on Wednesday, July 10 at 8:00 AM via Zoom. Agenda may be found at https://www.gpaea.org/about-us/board-of-directors/.
The Great Prairie AEA Board of Directors will meet with the Southeastern Community College Board of Trustees on Tuesday, June 11 at 4:30 PM at Southeastern Community College, 1200 West Agency, West Burlington, IA; regular board meeting to follow. Agenda and past minutes may be found at https://www.gpaea.org/about-us/board-of-directors/.
Addendum added 2:25 PM
The Great Prairie AEA Board of Directors meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 14 at 5:30 PM at the Fairfield Arts & Convention Center, 200 N. Main, Fairfield, IA. Agenda and past minutes may be found at https://www.gpaea.org/about-us/board-of-directors/.
- ICYMI: The Cornerstone - April 2019
- ESSA Timeline
- ESSA Summer Workshop for Schools - June 12 & 13/14
- Curriculum Network - May 13 (Burlington) & May 21 (Ottumwa)
- Supporting Students' Complete Mental Health in a Multi-Tiered Framework with Dr. Shannon Suldo - June 6 & 7
- Summer Course Offerings
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training available August 1
- AEAs Provide Programs Free Access to myIGDIs for 2019-20 Literacy Screening
- Iowa Leadership Academy
- The Center Summer Convening
- Clearinghouse for Work-Based Learning