The next meeting of the Great Prairie AEA Board of Directors will be held on Tuesday, December 11 at 5:30 PM at the Fairfield Arts & Convention Center, 200 N. Main, Fairfield, IA. Agenda and past minutes may be found at https://www.gpaea.org/about-us/board-of-directors/.
Class Postponed- Teaching Students with Dyslexia and Dysgraphia will not meet in Ottumwa today (11/30)
With many of our schools delaying their start times today (11/30), we have decided to postpone the Dyslexia/Dysgraphia class, and will schedule a make up date soon. Since we are offering for graduate credit, we will not have the needed amount of seat time hours if we have a late start, and we do not want anyone on the roads if their district has a delay. We will let you know the date for the make up session as soon as we are able to get it scheduled. Thank you for understanding.
Class Postponed- Teaching Students with Dyslexia and Dysgraphia Course will not meet at the Burlington AEA, Nov. 27th, Course will be rescheduled
No Dyslexia/Dysgraphia Class Tuesday, November 27th in Burlington
ALL GPAEA OFFICES WILL BE CLOSED ON 11/26: All GPAEA Offices (Albia, Burlington, Fairfield, Mount Pleasant & Ottumwa) will be closed on Monday, November 26. This also means that any workshops scheduled in those offices are canceled.
Curriculum Network scheduled for Monday, Nov. 26th at the Burlington AEA is cancelled.
November 26, 2018 Module 4 - Literacy in Science for Instructional Leaders at Burlington AEA is cancelled due to weather. It has been rescheduled for December 17th, 2018 after Curriculum Network (same time 12:30-3:30PM)
Contact Tami Plein (Ext. 1162) or Tracy Jarrett (Ext. 1227) at 319-753-6561 or 800-382-8970 if you have questions.
The next meeting of the Great Prairie AEA Board of Directors will be held on Tuesday, November 13 at 5:30 PM at the Fairfield Arts & Convention Center, 200 N. Main, Fairfield, IA. Agenda and past minutes may be found at https://www.gpaea.org/about-us/board-of-directors/.
Enjoy this issue of The Cornerstone by clicking on a post below or visit https://gpaeanews.wordpress.com/.
- School Psychology Awareness Week – November 12-16
- Celebrate American Education Week – November 12-16
- Nine GPAEA Middle School Science Teachers part of Nationwide Open Resource Pilot
- Professional Development Opportunities – Winter 2018
- Diga Know? Iowa’s Digital Learning Plan Is Ready!
- 2018-19 GPAEA Van Delivery Schedule
- 2018 Global Education Institute for Teachers – December 8-9
- Keokuk & Ottumwa Awarded 2018 STEM Best
- Drake Continuing Education & PD Offerings for Educators, Spring 2019
- Paraeducator Courses Available in Keokuk beginning November 7
- Virtual Information Sessions: Iowa PK-12 Principal/Supervisor of Special Education license #189
As a District Leader, we realize that your time is valuable and you receive a lot of emails. Leadership Connection